- 03/30/2017 – PhD student Yadan is the second place winner on AMIA CRI Student Paper Competition.
- 03/21/2017 – Three student papers were accepted by MEDINFO 2017.
- 03/14/2017 – I received a R01 research grant as a Principle Investigator from NIH/NCCIH!
- 06/16/2016 – Two student papers were accepted by AMIA 2016.
- 06/07/2016 – I am attending ODS Research Practicum.
- 02/29/2016 – Our work on literature mining for drug-supplement interactions highlighted:
How Your Supplements Interact With Prescription Drugs by LAURA LANDRO
“Researchers at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis are exploring interactions between cancer drugs and dietary supplements, based on data extracted from 23 million scientific publications, according to lead author Rui Zhang, a clinical assistant professor in health informatics. In a study published last year by a conference of the American Medical Informatics Association, he says, they identified some that were previously unknown.” [The Wall Street Journal] [Fox News]
- 02/27/2016 – we received Best Poster Award in BHI-2016 IEEE International Conference on Biomedical and Health Informatics